Pages

Tuesday, 28 May 2019

Sentence starters

Adver sentence:
We use it to add interesting and intriguings sentences to our story.

Words we can use:  Quickly, curiously, Importantly, interestingly, Firstly, Often, Almost, Remarkably, Similarly, significantly, Surprisingly readily, Sadly, Controlling.  

W-start sentence 
we use it to sound thoughtful and knowledgeable.

Words we can use: Who, While, Whilst, When, Were, What, whereas 

Here are some examples:

 Surprisingly, everyone was at school on time.

Often, I like to eat,

Surprisingly, Mrs handly was not grumpy today, Who made her happy?

Savagely, Sharlisa had a fight with a girl whilst, Sofia was eating her food

begin a preposition;
A word that indicates location or movement.

Words we can use: In, On, Between, Against, Over, Under, Before, After, Behind, Within, For, Throughout, Near, About.

Here are some examples: 
Throughout the class, The students worked on the writing.

Between me and my siblings, I am my dads favorite. 

Before 1968, Hornby hight school was not a thing,

After My rugby game, I ate food.

Within the family, I am my older brothers favorite.

Red, White, and Blue:
Use the red, white and blue sentence style when you have several ideas to convoy about a topic.

Words we can use: 
You can use any words it just means it had three ideas or something of what you are writing about.

Here are some examples:
The idea of racism is memorable in 'Merchant of Venice' because of shylock, Judaism and conflict.

The essentials in rugby are passing, kicking and tackling.

The essentials of fortnite are you need to be good at building, shooting and editing.

When you want to play volleyball you need to know how to pass, spike, and serving 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.